Sunday, August 10, 2008

Midnite Emergency Marketing @ Tesco

I just came back from my midnite marketing in Tesco about
two hours ago. This is an unplanned marketing coz suddenly I feel
like making Soto Ayam for lunch tomorrow. The ingredients
pun tak ada..so I have to rush to Tesco....nak makan punya
pasal, sanggup drive out....

some of the 'barang barang' to make soto ayam

Suprisingly, there were quite a number of peoples doing their
late nite groceries. I guess they wanted to avoid the daytime
crowd...hhmmm.....I think I need to switch to midnite marketing
jugakla.. So I can walk freely without banging on other peoples trolley...
hehehee...sometimes I purposely langgar esp if they are so
busy looking at the barang2 on the rack and just leave their trolley
in the middle of the aisle....issyy...orang nak lalu pun susah...

Also, I hate the long queue at the payment counter...most of them
have mountains of stuff in their trolley...so just imagine how long
one have to wait....huhhh...luckily nowadays I only buy things
as and when needed (since the price hike la...)..Previously, I used
to stock up groceries once a month....but now I'm trying
to spend wisely.....I realized that I've saved quite a bit...otherwise
I end up buying stuff which I dont use and suddenly realize it
has already expired....really membazir betul....

While I was trying to look for the Instant Ketupat Nasi (rice cube),
I found this instant Ketupat Palas(made of glutinous rice)...
Nampak sedap...All this while esp during raya, I'll buy the
'daun palas' from market and make the Ketupat Palas myself
(which I learned from MIL and hubby's late grandma)..Am going to
experiment this instant one and if the taste is good.. I shall then
buy this for Raya...but the only thing is.. no originality... tak kisahla...
janji sedap beb !! Not easy okay to make the real ketupat palas..
a lot of works and a bit messy.....
Ketupat Palas ( Glutinous Rive Cube )

Okay..Good nite everyone.... Enjoy your weekend!!!

4 comments:

Cat Cat said...

Amboi amboi Elle, dah ada blog baru ya... Cantik gambar atas tu... Tangkap kat mana ya... Nampak cam ada bendera orang putih aje...

Oooo, soto ayam giler best... Takyah susah2 buat ketupat from original.. Pekat pun jadi babe... Kekeke. Janji sedap... :D

Welcome to the blogging world. You did very well and thanks for linking me to your blog.

Laracroft74 said...

Hi Cath

Thanks so much for dropping by and your comment. Cath dah lama dekat US pun tapi your Bahasa macam orang Melayu ye... Susah nak jumpa the non malays yang still fluent in bahasa bila dah keluar from malaysia nie...you the best la Cath!!

Ohh..that picture.... i ambil masa kat Lucerne last year.

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

alamak soto ayam... hmm.. dont forget to cook for me when i come over aa.. :-)

Laracroft74 said...

rin chan..
no problemo..just hello me when you are coming over...this is my fav food..the easiest to prepare..:-)